E-commerce is an important business opportunity for businesses. If you are not already convinced, here are the advantages:
- Increase your income;
- Reach new customers;
- Make its products/services more accessible;
- Obtain better visibility;
- Reduce operating costs.
We share some tips for you, to improve your buying process and increase your online sales.
- 1 1. Be More Visible On Google
- 2 2. Make A Good First Impression
- 3 3. Help Visitors Find What They’re Looking For
- 4 4. Reduce Abandonment Of The Shopping Cart
1. Be More Visible On Google
Here are some improvements to make to your site, to make it easier for future buyers to find you on search engines.
Create SEO-Optimized Content
For each web page, use the same keywords as Internet users, to increase the chances that they will reach your site.
Offer informative and original product descriptions
Do not use the product description provided by the manufacturer; it may be less interesting than the text you can create.
- Differentiate yourself from competitors who use the manufacturer’s description;
- Improve your SEO;
- Encourage users/visitors to stay on your webpages longer.
- Tell the story of the product: why it is attractive to the buyer;
- Use bulleted lists (<li> elements) to make the information more readable;
- Include a brief summary of your return policy and delivery details;
- Add several photos of the same product: interior/exterior views, different angles, colors available, etc .;
- If you are a clothing or furniture trader, provide the information regarding sizes/dimensions.
Use descriptive URLs, but short
URLs should be short for easy sharing, as well as descriptive so that they stand out in search results (Google displays in bold the keywords present in the URL).
Increase clicks to your site
Here are some considerations to follow, to get a high click-through rate (CTR) in search engines:
- Meta title (Optimal: 55 characters | Maximum: 65 characters): use the relevant keywords, likely to be searched by Internet users. Google attaches importance to the order of appearance of the keywords: position the name of your company at the end;
- Meta description (Optimal: 125 characters | Maximum: 150 characters): the text must inform the user of what he will find on the page and be attractive to convince him to access it.
2. Make A Good First Impression
Once you’ve attracted visitors, you need to create a positive impression to convince them to stay on the site and encourage them to take action.
Pay particular attention to the content
- Be creative;
- Favor “you” rather than “we”;
- Explain your added value;
- Include clear calls to action;
- Combine text with images or videos for maximum effect.
Monitor and improve pages with high bounce rate
A bounce (page quit immediately, by closing the tab or by clicking on the browser’s “back” button) is an indication that the page has not met the needs of the user. ‘Internet user. Pages with a high bounce rate are harmful because they generate a loss of visitors and a downgrade in search engines.
- The content of the page should match the title displayed in the search engines so that visitors get what they expect;
- Make the first paragraph of text engaging;
- Use images to make the page more engaging;
- Make sure the pages are not slow to load; Internet users become discouraged after just a few seconds of waiting.
Offer a mobile version of your site
Almost 1/3 of eCommerce traffic comes from mobile. This trend will become more apparent in the coming years.
Reviews are one of the most compelling ways to demonstrate the quality of your product/service.
3. Help Visitors Find What They’re Looking For
Categorize your products
In your main menu as in the product pages, include categories such as Bestsellers – Favorites – New products. It also gives the possibility to filter the results by price, color or brand.
By displaying other products, promote your range and encourage other purchases.
Improve your images
Thanks to images, a consumer can have a better idea of his future purchase. They must, therefore, do justice to the quality of your product/service.
Answer potential questions from buyers
Create a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on each product page to answer questions likely to be a topic of interest to Internet users.
4. Reduce Abandonment Of The Shopping Cart
Here are some tips to avoid the customer abandoning his order, once the items have been added to the basket.
Display prices from the start
One of the most frequent reasons that discourage a consumer is related to unforeseen costs that appear after making a purchase decision.
Offer attractive delivery costs
If you are unable to offer delivery for all domestic orders, consider offering it for purchases of a certain value or offer coupon codes to reduce costs.
Offer an online chat
If you have the resources to answer “live” questions, a chat is a great way to prevent customers from leaving your site. It is also a way to get their comments.
Reduce the number of clicks
Adding an item to the cart and placing the order should require a maximum of 3 clicks.
By applying all of his advice, you will be able to offer a better shopping experience to consumers. In the end, you will become more competitive, improve your conversion rate and retain your customers; all of which will help you increase your online sales.