The company that is hosting your website affects the SEO efforts that you implement in a number of ways. While a bad web hosting can pose constraints in the way of achieving effective SEO results, the good hosting company can assist you in attaining your desired SEO results in more ways than one.
So first let us try to understand the actual meaning of the term “SEO web hosting”.
What is SEO Web Hosting?
The SEO web hosting does not have a formal definition as it is not a product or a procedure as such but rather is a term that is used to describe a web hosting provider that happens to be SEO-friendly.
However, the SEO web hosting provider does not offer anything special that can boost the SEO-friendliness of your site. But it also does not do anything bad that can damage the SEO efforts on your part.
So precisely it can be said that the SEO web hosting provider is the one that does not follow those practices that can affect the SEO of your site adversely.
So here are some of the features that the SEO-friendly web hosting provider must possess. Just read on.
- Location of the Server – The uptime refers to the content of the site that is accessible to the users. The server location may play a major role in accessing them quickly. You should want the data centre to be located as close as possible to the maximum number of site owners. The further the server is located, the longer it takes for the site to load.
- High Uptime Guaranteed – The percentage of time that your website is accessible and online is what uptime is. That is why you should always opt for a web host that ensures a high uptime. The visitors are more likely to leave the website if the uptime is low. For best results you should choose a web host that guarantees a 99 percent uptime.
- Multiple Options – A number of hosting companies offer optimal value through which your website can be upgraded. This can include the following.
- Multiple Hosting Plan – As the site grows, the hosting requirements will consequently change. Automatically, there will be a time when you will want to shift to your own dedicated server.
- Automatic Backups – If anything goes wrong, you will require backup immediately. So make sure that the hosting company offers proper backup.
- Positive Reviews – For choosing the perfect host you have to consider something more than just the above factors. You may get multiple choices that check on the boxes mentioned above. So how to choose the right web hosting platform! Find an independent site and look for the consumer reviews. You should, however, be careful as the hosting domain is said to amass more negative reviews than ever as the downtime of the site can wreak havoc the site-owners they show no mercy in voicing their negative experience. You should look for hosts whose plans continuously show up on the top lists. PCMAG and CNET have reputable content in this case. So you can check on those sites about it.
- Responsive Support Team – While checking for the online reviews, you should check how good the web hosting company’s support team is and how quickly they respond to the query. A reliable and reputed web hosting company usually has a competent and responsive support to the query that resolves the issue within a day.
- Room for Growth –After deciding the hosting provider now you need to think about one last question and that is what happens when the site traffic enhances and you need an upgrade! Check whether the hosting provider has other better products like Dedicated Server or VPS that can meet the enhanced needs of your business as it grows. You should understand that transferring from one server to the other takes times and effort and you can avoid that if the company can scale the solutions for the growth.
The above are some of the things to look for in a hosting company as suggested by the reputed php development services in India. Now that you know them make an informed decision and choose the right hosting company for your website so that you face no difficulty with your website even in the long run.